Friday, February 9, 2007

long day...

Have not updated in a while...

Last Friday Anna and I left early to go to some galleries in Chelsea. We saw some fantastic photography in one gallery (that I of course failed to write down the name of, I have got to work on that). There were a whole bunch of bright, colorful portraits (about 10 by 10 inches) of children, but none of the kids were looking directly at the camera, and most weren't centered either. I thought the off-centeredness made the pictures look more natural and spontaneous. I also have a thing for off-kilter stuff in pretty much any visual art (drawings, paintings, prints, what have you). Also in the same gallery were some larger photos (like three by five feet?) of messy tables after people had finished eating. Each photo centered on a section of a table, most covered in a white or cream tablecloth, upon which might be a dessert plate with remnants of cake, or a couple pieces of silverware, some crumbs spread around or a round wine stain, etc. They were sort of voyeuristic, but lovely in their simplicity, and somehow comforting and cozy (particularly one that featured a saucer with what looked like a half-eaten slice of wedding cake left on it... so sweet).

Yesterday I found a specific Ikea bed on Craig's List for Devon. But with delivery fees, it's now costing more than if we just drove to Ikea and bought a new one. In fact, we're waiting for the delivery people to get here right this minute. They're taking forever.

Anna and I also went to Kai Kuhne's fashion show yesterday. The basic-looking stuff was really pretty, like a short fur coat over a minidress and a red satin minidress with a full trench coat. But then there was some weird stuff, like a mini bubble dress made of feathers. Scary. Plus the model was flapping her arms and wobbling when she walked, which made her look like a huge, fat bird.

Today we picked up the Arrojo hair products for the release party gift bags. Free stuff--yay! I won't have to buy shampoo again for the next year. I also laid out a mock zingrecommends website with ads on it, so that we can show advertisers what it'll look like if they buy ads on the site. I also laid out a collage of photos from past zing parties. I am the Photoshop master.

It is after 8 o'clock. Why am I still here?

No comments: