Thursday, January 25, 2007

day: one

First day at Zing (how very exciting, no?). Spent the morning looking up tequila brands online. Some of them had terrible websites that were of very little help in finding a media relations phone number. Then I googled "zingmagazine" for a few hours trying to find news articles about the zine. I got to play with InDesign when I found a workable article, so that was enjoyable. I just learned to use it a few months ago, so it still feels like playing with a new toy. Fun!

Oh, I also get to answer the phone. I'm such a good little secretary.

Tomorrow there is a gallery opening that we're going to. Nice. I am well on my way to becoming a pretentious, elitist art critic. Go me!

In other news, I moved into my new apartment last night. It's lovely. Then I promptly received two parking tickets in one night. I'm never driving down here again. It's going to be Greyhound/Amtrak/JetBlue/random carpool from now on. I can't wait for SU classes to be over, so I can just stay put. I've had enough of this five-hour commute nonsense.

-L

No comments: